Monday, April 22, 2013

Up and running again!

Wow it's only been a few months since I last posted... Okay it's been eight to be exact. But life has thrown some epic curve balls in those intervening months, so cut me maybe a little slack. Pretty please!

In the coming weeks I plan on not only sharing some of my favorite recipes from around the internet but also throwing in my own creations and exploring all the different approaches to paleo with free resources to help you on your way. In addition, I'll be highlighting some of the haters out there and how paleo folks have responded to them. This "diet" has gotten a lot of flack lately and I think if you're going to implement a completely different way of eating into your life, you should be well equipped to inform all the haters by dropping knowledge on their ignorant... butts.

So! Without further ado, let's get this paleo party started! (That was a little lame, I'll be the first to admit. Chalk it up to not having blogged in forever...) I've been taking a few pictures here and there of what paleo stuff has been fueling my bod over the last few months since I got my nifty Samsung tablet, but none of them are in progress shots sadly. Those are my fave since they document my absolute favorite part of paleo: getting up close and personal with real food. But I'll be sure to get some next time. And hopefully soon I'll get my camera set up for video shots of fun stuff like fermenting tea (aka kombucha) or curing your own bacon... both of which are stupid easy.

Here we have a picture of my experiment with cured salmon. It was not the gravlax success story I was hoping for, but I made the best of it by treating it like salmon bacon and serving it with some gooey farm fresh eggs over easy. I tend to eat all my eggs over easy and mangled into a rather unattractive garbage plate-looking monstrosity. It's my mother's fault. 

Check back again tomorrow for a new recipe from a wicked awesome paleo blog!!! Hopefully you will love her stuff as much add I do, if you don't love her already. And no. I'm not talking about myself. I'm not quite that vapid... Close though...

0 comments :

Post a Comment